With telling the story of the Chinese dream, Chinese people, Chinese culture, and Chinese brand and the special topic of the year as its themes, this international contest tries to solicit some creative ideas and the corresponding representations on the theme of “connecting the beauty of the world with original China stories.” The specific contents are listed as follows:
1. The story of the Chinese dream
Show your creative ideas and the corresponding representations in a macro perspective, with a focus on Chinese rejuvenation, Chinese model, the Belt and the Road Initiative, the spirit of craftsman, etc.
2. The story of the Chinese people
Show your creative ideas and the corresponding representations in a micro perspective, with a focus on Chinese daily life, hardworking individuals, undergraduate entrepreneurship, etc.
3. The story of Chinese culture
Show your creative ideas and the corresponding representations in a cultural perspective, with a focus on the culture of the Chinese Spring Festival, Chinese characters, Journey to the West, Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc.
4. The story of Chinese brand
Show your creative ideas and the corresponding representations in a brand perspective, with a focus on indigenous Chinese enterprises and their products, beautiful Chinese towns and villages.
5. Special topic of the year
(1) The story of Journey to the West showcases the nature of both cultural heterogeneity and friendly exchange, and integrates and links together all the countries in the world. It is a “creative source” to promote hard power, soft power and smart power of Chinese culture, and it is able to develop diverse second and third narratives in various industries including literature, art, animation, film, television and tourism. This topic is exclusively sponsored by the Journey to the West Park. Please use the new images of the master and his three disciples from the Journey to the West (see the annex of materials to download “Source material of Journey to the West, special topic of the year”) as elements to develop creative ideas and artistic representations for the tourism brands of “China creative cultural products of characters in Journey to the West” and “Journey to the West Theme Park.”
(2) Chinese food culture is long-standing and well-established, and contains many brilliant Chinese food stories. The natural attractions of food and rich cultural stories behind food make the Chinese food culture emerge as one of the most popular topics in China stories. This special topic is “telling the story of Chinese food.” Participants can present their knowledge, experience and understanding on Chinese food through a variety of forms. There are three themes to follow: the most wonderful food; the most memorable dinner; the most profound culture. This special topic is exclusively sponsored by China Quanjude (Group) Co. Ltd. “Quanjude theme” can be regarded as one of the contest themes in the special topic of “telling the story of Chinese food.” Please use “Quanjude theme” (see the annex of materials to download “Source material of Quanjude, special topic of the year”) as elements to develop creative ideas and artistic representations for the “Quanjude story.”
(3) Tell the Hangzhou story. Hangzhou is a world-famous historic and cultural city full of innovative vigor. With a brilliant history of 8,000 years and a city history of 5,000 years, Hangzhou is one of the seven ancient capitals in China as well as a well-known tourism city in the world. Since ancient times, Hangzhou has been famous for the saying: “Just as there is paradise in heaven, there are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth”. Hangzhou’s concept of city humanism based on “exquisiteness, harmony, generosity and openness” and its brand concept of “city with life quality” make it one of the cities with the highest level of happiness and safety. Please use culture, history and geography of Hangzhou (see the annex of materials to download “Source material of Hangzhou City, special topic of the year”) as elements, or follow the following link (https://v.qq.com/x/page/r0106fc9b11.html) to watch a introduction video on Hangzhou to develop creative ideas and artistic representations for your “Hangzhou story.” This special topic is exclusively sponsored by Hangzhou City Brand Promotion Association.
IV. Eligible participants
This contest is calling for creative texts and representations of the China story and is open to college students at home and abroad, international students studying in China, workers in enterprises, institutions, media and friends from all walks of life (submission in both Chinese and English are accepted).